Thursday 3 October 2024

Bavarian 5th Line Infantry Regiment 'Von Preysing'

I have finally finished my second (& I think final) Bavarian Infantry regiment (thanks Victrix for making them) - the 5th 'Von Preysing'. I hope to have them in action soonish as I am going on holiday/vacation in a couple of weeks then enduring some expensive dental work.

I couldn't find out much of their regimental history during the Napoleonic Wars - I really tried, but  this link gives formation and uniform details: 

https://weltseele.miraheze.org/wiki/5._Linien-Infanterie-Regiment_(Bavaria) 

The artwork below is what I worked from when I painted them. Sadly, I couldn't find an exact match for their leibfahne (regimental flag).


Uniform information









2 comments:

  1. I have my hopefully last trip to the periodontist next week Chris, so I understand what you mean by expensive. Top private health cover didn't amount to much. Great work on these, and it is a pleasing colour combination. I purchased a hundred or so of those plates from Peter Bunde in Germany and have found them to be very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lawrence, I feel for you with the periodontist, I have always disliked intensely dental visits dating back to my childhood in England.

      Thank you for your kind compliment, I will be posting pictures of the combined Bavarian army shortly.


      I gave up private cover years ago so any dental/health costs have to come out of savings. I am just grateful we have such good medical facilities and people here.

      Those plates must be wonderful to work from, sometimes the plates don't agree oon button colours etc which is frustrating.

      Delete

Bavarian 5th Line Infantry Regiment 'Von Preysing'

I have finally finished my second (& I think final) Bavarian Infantry regiment (thanks Victrix for making them) - the 5th 'Von Preys...