Monday 7 October 2024

Bavarian army (almost) finished.

Other than a Perry's metal gun carriage as I have previously referred to; here is my finalised Bavarian army on the table. It consists of two line infantry regiments, a squadron of Hussars, an artillery piece, a light infantry battalion and a command group.

Now to get them into a game but that may be a few weeks away. I use a 6'x4' game mat but do others find that size for Napoleonic games as small as I do? I would like to have something like a 12'x6' to really lay out the armies, not that I have the room but I can dream.













7 comments:

  1. Lovely work Chris. It is nice to be able to use the 'finished' word. We play 15mm on a 6' x 4' foot table and find it limits what we can put on, and also quite annoying when unit withdraws force them off the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lawrence, as you know, my figures are 25/28mm which compounds the lack of space, At least I have a little 'off battlemap' border room on the table where units can be held until they advance onto the mat.

    Yes, 'finished' is a great word, I do get frustrated at times with the time it takes me to assemble and paint units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent looking Bavarian force, I'm tempted by one myself, I usually use 6' x 4' but can go up to 6' x 12' at a push and a bit of breathing in!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, 12' in length if you have room to move around the table, would be nice.

      Delete
  4. Yor Bavarians are looking great, Chris!
    Yes, 4 x 6 foot is small for 25/28mm, but of course it depends upon the size of the armies as well. You use what you have, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter :) . Trying to manoeuvre 500+ 25/28mm figures on a 6x4 is tough. I want to play Bavaria v Austria as soon as I can to see how it goes using V&F rules.

      Delete

Bavarian army (almost) finished.

Other than a Perry's metal gun carriage as I have previously referred to; here is my finalised Bavarian army on the table. It consists o...