Saturday 3 August 2024

Back to work, or is that pleasure?

 August 3 2024


Renovation of the garage (my workspace) finally completed so back to work! It is always nice to set up a modelling station from scratch. I thought I would add a couple of photos before it gets all messed up by actual work. BTW, my choice of paint manufacturer is somewhat eclectic but I generally use Vallejo.

My figures to do are:

Finish Victrix Bavarians

Perry's metal Bavarian command and ADCs:

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/bav-1-high-command-mounted-wredederoy-and-the-crown-prince-ludwig/  

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/bav-2-mounted-staff/

Perry's metal Bavarian gun and limber: 

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product/bav-25-four-horse-limber-with-howitzer/ which I thought would make a nice mini diorama.

Perry's plastic French line foot artillery






4 comments:

  1. Very tidy Chris. That should be a pleasure to work with. I haven't forgotten about catching up by the way, I just seem to have been swept away with preparations for the imminent arrival of three new grandchildren. Apologies for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lawrence, no problem, as you can see, I have been busy too! I hope all goes well with the new arrivals.

      Delete
  2. That's a very neat set up, how long will it remain tidy?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iain, thanky you for the compliment. How long will it stay like this? Not long, I tend to be a 'messy' painter/assembler with artwork etc all over the place but as of today (10th August) it is still pretty neat as all I am doing is painting the rest of the Bavarian regiment one company (6 figures) at a time. Once I start having to cut figures off a sprue and assemble them, then it gets messy.

      Delete

Advice please Vallejo XPress color

  Another support problem. I recently bought a bottle of Vallejo XPress Color 72.411 Mistic Blue paint with the intention of trying it out o...