Friday 30 December 2022

25 January 2023

I have finally finished the figure. I do my painting in the garage and this time of year it is HOT and humid. I have an overhead fan but the sweat still runs into my eyes while I am concentrating, not good while doing fine detail. I thought I would mention this for my northern hemisphere modellers who are struggling with the cold. At least I can jump in the pool when I get overheated 🥵

How the grenadiers managed to cope with a bearskin in battle amazes me.

Three headgear options, bearskin, bicorne and field cap




 

 30 December 2022

Next Project

Is a 75mm Hinchliffe  French line grenadier 1807 (thanks to Tradition of London/Sweden for continuing to stock these figures). It will be a nice break from wargame sized figures.



6 comments:

  1. I remember these. I must go back and have another look as it looks like it would be a fun change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks excellent, I hope it's cooled down enough to paint no!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks superb. Marvellous detail.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to all the above sadly still hot here for another few weeks so minimal modelling.

    ReplyDelete

Bavarian artillery

  27 February 2024 Braving heat, humidity and cyclones (hurricanes in the northern hemisphere) my brave Bavarian artillery unit is finished....