Monday 27 June 2022

27 June 2022.

 I have finished the latest large figure assembly and paint of French Colonel-General of dragoons Baraguey d' Hilliers. I am unsure whether it is best to assemble the whole model first and then paint or (as I did here) leave off the sabre etc and prepaint both the figure and the sword then add the sword to the finished figure. Any advice would be welcome. I have to say that attaching it was a bit of a struggle as the sabre really didn't want to stick to the main figure. I had the same issue with the plume and had to drill small holes in the plume and helmet and then add an 'L' shaped piece of wire to get the plume to attach to the helmet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bavarian artillery

  27 February 2024 Braving heat, humidity and cyclones (hurricanes in the northern hemisphere) my brave Bavarian artillery unit is finished....